The comment policy of Syntagma Media is as follows.
Anyone can comment freely on our 40+ websites that are open for comments. The exceptions are :
1. Trolls who seek to disrupt the site and make a general nuisance of themselves.
2. Spammers who seek commercial gain by leaving links to business sites.
3. Pornographers who post links to porn sites.
4. People who leave abusive comments that may lead to libel action against the company.
5. Commenters who use language that is abusive, hateful, or aimed at minority groups.
6. Any comment that suggests violence or illegal activity.
7. People who consistently cause consternation among other commenters and visitors to the site.
8. Contributors who have been warned once about the nature of their comments.
9. Anyone who consistently places long links to copyright or other material in the comments section. Long links break the sidebar in some browsers. Contributors should use tinyurl.com to shorten the link before adding it. We would prefer the use of links to be minimal however, mainly reserved for relevant breaking news.
The decision of Syntagma’s executive editor is final.